1.3 Batteries Included
Out of the box, httpy includes three responders, to be found in the
- This responder allows you to define a website with multiple responders,
using the filesystem for the site's hierarchy. It also has a "framework"
concept for implementing site-wide in- and outbound hooks.
- The Multiple responder depends on this to serve static files from
the filesystem; it can also be used independently.
- With this you can easily implement a robust XMLRPC server.
httpy also comes with three couplers:
- This reconstructs an httpy.Request from a CGI environment and
responds to a single request.
- Enters a response loop, reconstructing Requests from the
environment as with CGI.
- A portable, multi-threaded, standalone web server.
Furthermore, the httpy distribution includes an executable, also named
httpy, that instantiates the StandAlone coupler with the
Multiple responder. Thus, out of the box, httpy provides a
robust and sane foundation for your Python websites and web applications.
httpy is Zeta software. It is copyright © 2006 by Chad Whitacre, and is offered free of charge, warranty, and restrictions.